Thursday, August 29, 2013

Project Rapid Death part 1.0

I never tried Death Company with bolters before, probably because I dont want them to lose the "2 close combat weapons bonus". But since they are relentless, they can assault enemy squads even after firing rapid fire weapons. Thus I begun assembling 5 Death Company Marines for this purpose but it wont just end with 5 models.


I started by preparing the bases, I used GW texture paint Astrogranite, this would make them look fighting a battle in a desolate moon or it can even represent a desolate part of a planet where no plant life can exist.


Using the texture paint is the same as painting, this type of paint range already has some gravel, paint and glue mixed together.

The models at this time have already been primed and painted including the details, next would be how to place the models in the bases, gluing them would be quick but the bond between the model and the base will not be quite as strong which is why I opted to pin them using paper clips.

With the use of a 1mm drill bit and pin vise I drilled holes under the models feet.


Next, I cut up a piece of paper clip to a considerable length.


Instead of just dry fitting the paper clip, I applied super glue to strengthen the bond.


After doing so, I estimated where the holes in the bases would be and marked them.


 After marking I drilled holes in the bases.


 A test dry fit. All is Ok, all that is left is bending the pins after to secure the model to the base.


I then attached the bolter arms to the bodies. Take note that the bolter arms of the Death Company is not the same as of the tactical ones because the bolters are already attached to the arms unlike the tactical ones which are separate.

To ensure that the arms are glued correctly i used blu tack/ sticky tack to attach the bolter arm then glue the left arm.


Wings on models with wing details in the chest have been painted with the following steps:

  • Base coat of Skull White, now called White Scars
  • Washed with Seraphim Sepia

And I am loving the effect.



Here they are now.


Until the next time, see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment