Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Getting Started with Infinity

Infinity is a game created by Corvus Belli. It uses 28mm pewter miniatures set in a futuristic environment.

Picture not related
I am not quite familiar with the fluff behind infinity except that it is set in the 22nd century where humanity has expanded to the stars. The very thing that caught my interest in the game was because it very much reminded me of the anime Ghost in the Shell, especially the faction of Aleph . 

I was choosing between Aleph and Nomads. Aleph because it really reminded me of Ghost in the Shell, Nomads because they are space-bound wanderers and black market dealers, which is cool for me. But I made the final decision to go with Nomads.

The Nomads faction have three choices to start with, the normal starter pack, Jurisdictional Command Of Corregidor a sectorial starter and Bakunin Jurisdictional Command another sectorial starter. All the miniatures are cool and it took me a while to choose but I ended up with the Bakunin sectorial for several reasons. The reasons? Zeros the hackers of this sectorial, Überfallkommando anthropomorphic genetically enhanced beasts and Reverend Moiras medium infantry babes.




Please note that the starter packs have atleast six miniatures in them, I got my starter at a lesser price with one less model from the forums, not a bad deal for me.

It has been a while since I worked with pewter models again, I have already begun assembling and base coating the miniatures. Although it is advised to prime them first for better paint adhesion, instead I wash them first in a dish wash solution then apply three to four coats of grey paint. For me using grey as a base coat is easy since whether applying dark or light colours of paint will not take a while and the outcome is natural.

Until the next time, see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment