Monday, September 23, 2013

Lord of the Landspeeder

Landspeeders are fast skimmers who can zip in and out of enemy lines laying down the gunfire. Ever since I started my Blood Angels I have not yet tried playing with a Landspeeder in my list. Now is the time to try and following my theme for every unit under the Fast Attack are painted with the Knights of Blood colour scheme, being declared as renegades it is fitting for them to be fast.
Picture Unrelated


I have first built it up to this stage, in which I also opted to magnetize the Tornado Pattern Assault Canon and Typhoon Missile Launchers
This is also my first attempt at a freehand
Since I will be putting a magnet inside the hole, I find that putting a magnet directly wont make a strong magnetic bond.
I opted in using tamiya putty to act as a filler for the hole and stick in the magnet while the epoxy have not yet cured.
The outcome, favorable
As for other magnet, I put in a blob of superglue inside then using the already magnetized piece to lead it to the correct spot
At first I wanted to magnetize the doors and Missile Launchers but found it to ba abit difficult so instead I opted to pin them instead, first I drilled holes in the doors, using the doors as a guide drilled holes to the missile lanchers, then glued a paperclip to the missile launchers





As of current, this is how far the project is
Until the next time, see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment